License Verification Search – DCA
The Department of Consumers Affairs (DCA) is a licensing entity that administers more than 3.9 million licenses and more than 280 types of licenses. From veterinarians to dentists, accountants to architects, DCA issues licenses, permits, registrations, and certificates, serving and protecting consumers in various ways:
- Licensing entity. DCA licenses millions of professionals and allows consumers to check their license status by phone or online via their website. In other words, DCA is a licensing entity.
- Educator. They educate consumers by providing them the information they need to avoid being victimized by unqualified and unscrupulous people who promote unsafe and deceptive services.
- Regulator. When consumers complain about issues under DCA’s jurisdiction, DCA investigates them. In case they detect any violations, those license holders can face consequences that include probation, fines and citations, letters of reprimand, license suspension or revocation, or cease and desist orders.
How to Conduct a License Verification Search
Search of Licensed Individuals
A license verification search can be performed on the DCA’s web page that enables you to look up an individual or company that has a license issued by the DCA for the professions listed.
On the DCA License search web page, you can search for licensed individuals with information such as:
- First and last name
- Business name
- License number
- License type
- Boards and bureaus
For example, the founder of Dental Specialties Institute Inc. is Suzie Dault (CDA, RDAEF, OMSAA, BS). Upon entering her name in the search box, we get two search results from the Dental Board of California. We can then see that she holds licenses as an RDA (Registered Dental Assistant) and RDA with extended functions. When we click on the More Details button, we can see her licensing details, which include:
- Name – Dault, Suzie
- Previous names – Fitzgerald, Suzie
- Specialty – Coronal polish, X-Ray, ultrasonic
- License number – 34591, 690
- License type – RDA, RDA in extended functions
- License status – Active
- License expiration date – January 31st, 2020
- City – San Jose
- State, county, and ZIP – California, Santa Clara, 95111
Also, we are provided with details on license relationships:
- License/registration role – RDA, RDA extended function
- Related party role – RDA, RDA extended function
- License/registration type – RDA, RDA extended function
- License number – 34591, 690
- Primary status – Current-Active
On the right side of your computer screen, you can see the license issuance and expiration date.
Search of CE Providers
Besides individuals, you can search for CE (Continuing Education) providers. On the search web page, enter the name of an institution in the Business Name field. If we enter “Dental Specialties Institute, Inc,” we will get the following information:
- Name – Dental Specialties Institute, Inc
- License type – Registered CE provider
- Primary status – Active
- Specialty – Biennial reporting
- Qualification – Dental practice act course approved / Infection control course approved
- Previous names – Suzie Dault
- Address of record
Every licensed professional should verify that a CE provider or mandatory course is legitimate and verified to receive credit.
Dental Specialties Institute, Inc. was founded in 2000. We are a CE provider with a license issued by the DCA and are approved by the Dental Board of California (DBC) and the Dental Assisting National Board, Inc. (DANB) as a provider of continuing education.